Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Res Keys SOLD, Unwound SOLD, Red Deer workshop with Carol Marine



Okay, as you can see I have not been posting much lately. I have to say, that is going to change. I just got back from an amazing workshop taught by Carol Marine, a daily painter from Texas. This workshop covered everything from painting fundamentals to the business of selling my work on line. Thank you so much Carol for sharing what you know.

The photo above is of my new creative friends and classmates, we all had such a wonderful week. Keep painting everyone!

The following posts are paintings I did during the workshop.


SOLD

I had enough of painting vegetables and fruit, I wasn't really happy with the outcome of the paintings so I took a break, reached into my pocket and there were my residence keys. I came back in, threw them on the table and started painting, this set the tone for the rest of the week. I just kept on challenging myself with subjects, other than fruit! It was good for me.


SOLD

By this time I was on a roll (Oh bad pun, I know). This painting I donated to the silent auction, all money going toward scholarships for the summer series at Red Deer Collage which this workshop was a part of.

No comments:

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...