Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June Blossoms SOLD



Acrylic on Canvas
16x20"

I have been wanting to paint the apple blossoms that are in bloom right now for days. I had the opportunity to worship through painting at a church function. In preparation for that I painted this still life.(I will post the one I did during the worship time soon.) It had been a while since I actually painted anything let alone painting with acrylic, and painting in front of people, so I felt I needed to do a painting before the actual evening thats what this one is. It felt so good to get back into it. I hope to keep the momentum going now, as I am not feeling so tired these days.

This painting and the subject matter represent for me a new start. With picking up the paint brush this time I felt a newness to my work, something fresh. I through caution to the wind and just started to lay down paint. Also with a new baby on the way, I was experiencing a bit on anxiety with health concerns and just the anticipation of a new addition to the family and all that comes with that. The last few weeks I have been really leaning into God for all of it and seem to be experiencing a peace and a balance. Life is full and is good.

1 comment:

Manon said...

Your painting is wonderful Deltra! Your life is blossoming just like your flowers! Enjoy it all!

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...