Thursday, August 12, 2010

Broken and Beautiful


24x60"
oil on canvas
(click on image to view larger)

Wow has time got away on me. Our summer has been busy. Swim lessons, road trips and visits to the lake. Our family is enjoying it so much!

This painting was completed at the end of June, just in time to hang in my show. It is a cup of my grandmas that fell off the shelf. I was sad when it broke but when I put it back up on the shelf and lived with it for a while in its broken state it started to take on this new beauty. It took time to see it but eventually I felt it had a stronger story to tell because of its brokenness.

This painting and others are still on display at the Spruce Grove Art Gallery until August 20th so if you are in the area I would love for you to check it out. The information is on the side of my blog.

Thanks to my friends who came out to the opening reception. It was so nice to visit with you all.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer and I will be back posting paintings again in September.

3 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

This is a great idea, Deltra, and it's beautifully executed. The lighting is fanstastic! And the warm colours make it really inviting.

LindaHunt said...

Great article and the painting is fabulous. Nice and loose and painterly! Congrats

© Key GROSS (Konstantin Smirnov) said...

G O O D !

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...